how to automatic pre-test before learning lesson

how to automatic pre-test before learning lesson

by tony bhuk -
Number of replies: 5

i would like to set a pre-test  before user learn lesson and how to analyze user profile with the pre-test score to choose suitable lesson for user with metadata

Average of ratings: -
In reply to tony bhuk

Re: how to automatic pre-test before learning lesson

by David Nash -

You didn't mention which version you use. I am only familiar with 2.1, YMMV.

One of the things you may want to look at is on the lesson settings page. There is a section there called Restrict access. In that section there is a setting called "Grade condition."  Grade condition allows you to select your pre-test quiz (that you have already made) and then only allow seudents to access the lesson if the grade on that pre-test quiz is within a certain range.

At the end of the Restrict access section, there is a setting called "Before activity can be accessed" that allows you to grey out or hide the lesson until the grade condition is met.

I haven't done this in practice, but I would expect you need to create your pre-test quiz, then say three leveled lessons. Each lesson hidden unless the grade condition is met where one is ment for low scores, one for medium scores, and one for high scores.

Good Luck.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to David Nash

ตอบ: Re: how to automatic pre-test before learning lesson

by tony bhuk -

David Nash thank you very much . i will try follow on your suggestion and i will have another question soon. i'm on moodle 2.2.2. 

In reply to David Nash

ตอบ: Re: how to automatic pre-test before learning lesson

by tony bhuk -

David Nash i cant find the section that you mention in moodle 2.2.2  would you please suggest?

In reply to tony bhuk

Re: ตอบ: Re: how to automatic pre-test before learning lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

The "restrict access" feature will not be available until your admin (or yourself if you are your won moodle site's admin) has enabled it at Site administration ► Advanced features: Enable conditional access

When enabled, this lets you set conditions (based on date, grade, or completion) that control whether an activity or resource can be accessed.

When this feature has been enabled, then you will see the Restrict Access setting on all of your moodle site's Activities, including Lesson.

Joseph

Attachment 21-05-2012 17-42-10.jpg
In reply to David Nash

Re: how to automatic pre-test before learning lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@David, please remember that these Moodle.org forums are used by a number of non-native speakers of English/American who may not be familiar with acronyms such as YMMV. If you want to use them, please provide an explanation or a definition link.

ATB (All the best)wink

Joseph