one moodle installation for many schools

one moodle installation for many schools

by Mirco Cervi -
Number of replies: 3

Hy ! is it possible to use one moodle installation for many schools. I have to develop a moodle site for a school network. In many of them there are similar courses and some teacher is common.
I'd like to create an organization such like:

School1
Class1

Course A, Course B

Class2

Course A, Course C

School2

Class1

Course A, Course E

and so ...

I'd like to have all in one moodle installation in order to better manage all the service and the tutoring.
Any Idea how to organize ?

Thanks

Mirco

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mirco Cervi

Re: one moodle installation for many schools

by Glenys Hanson -

Hi Mirco,

Please repost this in Using Moodle where you are much more likely to find someone who can help. This is just a social forum for chatting...

Cheers,

Glenys

In reply to Mirco Cervi

by Dan Trouten -

Hi Micro! How's Italy? Posting in the "using moodle" section to get answers on using Moodle itself but his really isn't a Moodle question as much as a structure question. So, let me take a break with you on this!

It's not much different than any other access to a data structure with assigned restricted access. The question is...why would you want to break it up into different schools? When you register students you assign what classes they are in. So, I'd just structure your classes by type. For example, if math, all geometry together and so forth. Then you just assign each student to their math class. I wouldn't make it to complicated. I'd make all the teachers part of your one "moodle school". The students can only see the classes they are assigned to anyway.

The teachers can only access their classes as well. Only people way up the Moodle administrative chain would even see a difference. If they wanted a split structure they should have a different moodle for each school.

Such a beautiful area of Italy your profile has you in!

In reply to Dan Trouten

by Mirco Cervi -

Ciao Dan ! how is going in Italy ..well, actually is Sunny (I live close to Venice) and 15 degree celsius smile so very nice ..!
Thanks for your suggestion I will probably follow ur words !

Note my mail, should u come to Venice area, write to me !
Ciaooooo