installation mediawiki (fast ok!)

installation mediawiki (fast ok!)

by peps family -
Number of replies: 2

I have moodle 1.9.14 and I want to have mediawiki as our wiki.

But I have a problem at the end of the installation of mediawiki (see yellow part) 

Creating tables... using MySQL 4 table defs...Query "CREATE TABLE `mdl_user` ( user_id int(5) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, user_name varchar(255) binary NOT NULL default '', user_real_name varchar(255) binary NOT NULL default '', user_password tinyblob NOT NULL default '', user_newpassword tinyblob NOT NULL default '', user_email tinytext NOT NULL default '', user_options blob NOT NULL default '', user_touched char(14) binary NOT NULL default '', user_token char(32) binary NOT NULL default '', user_email_authenticated CHAR(14) BINARY, user_email_token CHAR(32) BINARY, user_email_token_expires CHAR(14) BINARY, user_registration CHAR(14) BINARY, PRIMARY KEY user_id (user_id), UNIQUE INDEX user_name (user_name), INDEX (user_email_token) ) TYPE=InnoDB " failed with error code "Table 'mdl_user' already exists (localhost)".

For the installation, I can read :

If Moodle and MediaWiki share the same database you should use database table prefixes for both => So, I have a question.

I should set the SAME prefix for the two DB or not?

NB : I have the same default when I set ENGINE instead of TYPE as noted in a forum 

Thank you for your help !

Average of ratings: -
In reply to peps family

Re: installation mediawiki (fast ok!)

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I should set the SAME prefix for the two DB or not?  NO! surprise

I have been running Moodle, Mediawiki, Elgg, and recently added PHPBB, in a test, it wont last long, together and have never had a problem with installation. Where I have had a problem is in a single login. (One day I really must get around to testing Shibboleth, but that is another story, for when I have time.) All these things play nicely together and I think it would be brilliant if someone would create an entire fully integrated suite of these PHP applications to pick and chose what you need for your site.

I would suggest you use a v2.2.x rather then a v1.9.14, though, be saving yourself some more work in the future.     

Average of ratings: Useful (1)