html includes

html includes

by David Byrnes -
Number of replies: 2

I'm running into a  problem installing Moodle. I get the 1st setup screen, where it asks for the URL, and the directories. I enter the correct info, click on next, and the next page never loads, and finally gives me an html 404 error. I'm wondering if the setup, by asking for the URL, is creating HTML Includes. This is a problem on my hosting service, as they (PowWeb) use server clusters for load balancing, and html includes put such a load on the system that some pages never load.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Byrnes

Re: html includes

by Marc Dastous -

Good morning David;

Assuming you have not solved this problem yet, please contact me on the side an we can discuss Powweb issues.  I have 5 Moodle installations running on Powweb with very few problems.

Marc

In reply to David Byrnes

Re: html includes

by Sean S -
I have the same issue when installing moodle on powweb. I found that the best solution is to manually create the config file. For this I use a config file from a current installation.

If you would like a copy of my file, I can upload it as a txt file to my site (with my secure info edited out of course).

I would like to add that Marc is loads of help with moodle and powweb. Just wanted to say I'm grateful for the help he has provided in the past.