Course Error

Course Error

by Ezequiel Iannicelli -
Number of replies: 6

Hello! i've just update my moodle from 1.9 to 2.2, now the course's view is wrong. the courses are on the left side of the page, and i can see only a half part of them. Anyone can help me?

Thanks!

Ezequiel.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ezequiel Iannicelli

Re: Course Error

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Ezequiel,

Did you backup and restore the courses?  Do your courses contain resources that affect the CSS styles?  Are you using one of the standard themes or a bespoke one?  If a bespoke one, then this could be the issue.

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Ezequiel Iannicelli -

Gareth, thanks for answering.
I didn't backup the courses, just copied the folder moodledata. The theme is the default, and the theme of the previous version was customized maybe that's the problem. I willapply the customized theme and I'll tell you how it went.
Again, thank you!

regards,

Ezequiel.

by Ezequiel Iannicelli -

""Gareth, thanks for answering.
I didn't backup the courses, just copied the folder moodledata. The theme is the default, and the theme of the previous version was customized maybe that's the problem. I willapply the customized theme and I'll tell you how it went.
Again, thank you!

regards,

Ezequiel.""

It didn't work u.u any other idea?

thanks!

Ezequiel.

In reply to Ezequiel Iannicelli

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Ezequiel,

I suggest that you definately read http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Upgrading_to_Moodle_2.2 - I looked on it and others, like the 2.0 and 2.1 pages and it appears that 2.1 (and therefore I would have thought) understands 1.9 backup files.  Therefore as the moodledata is a completely different entity in 2.x+ than 1.9 I suggest you go back to 1.9 and back everything up with Moodle backup files, then follow the upgrade procedure and then import the old courses so that Moodle 2.2 will convert them to the right format for you.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Gareth J Barnard -

Dear Ezequiel,

I have a copy of both 1.9 and 2.2 so just tried and 2.2 does understand 1.9 course backup files (despite a warning).  So should do the trick.

Cheers,

Gareth

by Ezequiel Iannicelli -

Excelent! now i can see the courses in the middle of the page. And I moved the format folder (only topics format) to the new moodle directory. But there's still one problem: The resources of the moodle (as links) doesn't work now :S

But I can see the courses..It's a start! :D

thanks!

Ezequiel.