HELP Gradebook Course total will not display

HELP Gradebook Course total will not display

by Nancy K Hoke -
Number of replies: 5

Greetings - we are in the process of introducing the gradebook to our faculty which is integrated with Banner.  We are in Moodle 1.9.9. I am training the faculty in working in the gradebook and creating categories and graded items.  I am using Weighted Mean of Grade and only 3 categories.  In several gradebooks that I am workng in with the faculty the categories are in and the grades in the graded items.  The Category total displays - but the Course total does not.  I have checked the Settings it appears that all should be working.  I have logged out and come back in and I still cannot get the Course Total to display. Thank you for your help.  Nancy K. Hoke - Khalifa University

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

Re: HELP Gradebook Course total will not display

by Marty Soupcoff -

Based off the bottom image, you have each cell in the course total overridden. An overridden grade is indicated by shading the cell orange. By having the course total cells overridden, it will not calculate as you have in your Categories & Items. You may remove an override by selecting that Edit icon in the gradebook in the course total cell as indicated in below image.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

Attachment No Grade Course Total.jpg
In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Nancy K Hoke -

Thank you so much - will each field have to be edited for each student?  Is there an Override Universal switch for the whole gradebook?  Thank you again for your help - and now I also understand the orange shading.  Learning the gradebook is a full-time job!  Nancy K.

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Marty Soupcoff -

I'm not sure what you did to make them all override but you'll have to edit each individually.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Nancy K Hoke

by Stephanie Allen -

I'm having the same issue, but none of the grades are overridden. Did that resolve your issue Nancy?

To make things even stranger, we have isolated the issue to the specific instructor's account. Is there anything in the user profile that could affect the ability to see the course total (it is not the role the user is assigned to - other users in the same role can see the course total column).

In reply to Stephanie Allen

by Marty Soupcoff -

Your instructor may have the gradebook set to not show aggregates. The gradebook allows instructors to display the grader report in three ways: Grades Only, Collapsed and Full View. You can get more of a description of each in the Moodle Docs - Gradebook_Display.

Just in case you can't see it from their picture, the icon they select is like below. Your instructor may have selected this icon so that it is only showing grades and not the aggregate; which in this case is the course total.

Gradebook Category Display

HappyMoodle Logooodling!
MoodleNews.com
Marty on Facebook!