Receive score from external system

Receive score from external system

by John Maglaras -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

I hope this is the right section to discuss this, if no, please direct me...

I want to specify an interface between a Moodle and an external system in order to receive scores from the external system into the user's gradebook.

The scenario is that a user chooses a course. The course consists of three parts (activities):

1. A presentation (in SCORM) - to watch and learn
  2. A questionnaire (again SCORM) - to answer
  3. An external system (simulator) - for simulated hands-on tries of what the user has learnt

The user will access the external system (through URL Resource or through the SCORM questionnaire) to perform some activities there (outside moodle). These activities shall return a score which shall be added in the gradebook of the user.

Any ideas for doing this? Any plugins that may help? Any similar posts/discussions? Any document/book/url I can read?

Thanks in advance,

John

wink

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Maglaras

Re: Receive score from external system

by Eric Ellis -

This is exactly what LTI is for.  The documentation and such for implementing this can be found at http://www.imsglobal.org/developers/BLTI/

Dr. Chuck (CharlesSeverance) seems to be the public face for the IMS with regards to LTI.  He has several videos floating about concerning the ideas and implementation of LTI.