Grades

Grades

by Dee Kramer -
Number of replies: 4

When I download the Grades in Excel Format, it shows the points, but does not show the percentage number or the Letter Grade. How can I get that to appear in Excel?

In reply to Dee Kramer

Re: Grades

by Michael Penney -
Hi Dee, exporting the weighting formulas, exclusion lists, extra credit, etc. from gradebook_cdc to excel is a bigger task than we are able to take on at this time (unless someone finds some funding somewheresmile.

In reply to Dee Kramer

by James Steinbach -
Hey, it's a year and a half later.  Is there a fix to this problem?  Our grade report application needs a letter grade in the import file, so I've got to find a way for our teachers to export the grade letter from eClass (moodle).
Thanks!!
James Steinbach
In reply to James Steinbach

by Michael Penney -
Hi James, we have a plan for exporting the formulas, but currently lack the time/funding to implement it at this time. When we do implement it, it will like be in Gradebookplus2, as that is what we use here.

I'm also not sure what the long range plans are for the gradebook, we proposed putting GBplus2 into Moodle 1.7, but that didn't happen. There is an announcement that there will be a new gradebook for 1.8, but so far I haven't heard anything about who will be coding this or what it will look like.

We'll try to get the formula export done for GBplus2, as we'll be using that for the rest of this year in 1.5.4, and probably next year in 1.7.

You may also want to look at the transcripts component we developed, which does export final grade letters to excel/text, among other things.

Best
Michael