Becoming an administrator

Becoming an administrator

by Kirstin Fulton -
Number of replies: 6

I first used Moodle as a teacher and access to the course was given through the University I worked for.  I now want to develop an independent course, and I can't figure out how to set up a course as the administrator.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kirstin Fulton

Re: Becoming an administrator

by Derek Chirnside -

Clarification needed Kirstin.  You want your own Moodle site (with courses and students, admin rights etc)  . . . .  ?? 

-Derek

by John Doubleday -

There are many of us with a public Moodle sites if that is what you are after?. Example, my domain at: www.digitalteacher.com.au

In reply to John Doubleday

by Kirstin Fulton -

Hi John,

That would be an option, for sure.  Did you create your own domain?

by John Doubleday -

Yes I did set up my domain, but there are costs and an amazing amount of time.  What is it you want to do? Design your own Moodle course content? sell the content? Set up and run a website with your own clients?. There are many roads to go down 

by ashish bhatnagar -

how can ...i be admin??

(Edited by Mary Cooch  to get rid of unnecessary links- original submission Wednesday, 14 March 2012, 12:34 PM)

by Matt Bury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Kirstin,

Is this what you're looking for?: http://blog.matbury.com/2012/01/02/do-you-want-to-get-started-with-moodle/

You can experiment on your own computer, go through the process of installing and administering Moodle and see if it's something you can manage yourself without making any commitments or spending a penny/cent.

If it all works out, then you're ready to find a hosting provider and get going on the web smile Make sure your hosted server meets the minimum requirements - Moodle's a hefty beast and requires more than most!

I hope this helps!