paid support for moodle installs and updates

paid support for moodle installs and updates

by Kim Taylor -
Number of replies: 5

i am a total newbee at moodle and want to focus on using it not maintaining it. i set up with a web hosting co who did all the instalation (verion 2.2) i have been playing with it setting up courses etc to find my way around and am happy with that aspect.

however i dont think the cron jobs have bee set up correctly, and i had an email saying updates/paches are available. i have no idea what to do.

yes - i did try reading all the cocumentation but it was right over my head.

is anyone in the business of provinging paid help/support for this sort of issue.

Kim

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kim Taylor

Re: paid support for moodle installs and updates

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Your best bet would be to speak to your local Moodle Partner. You can find a list here: http://moodle.com/partners/list/ 

p.s. I am not affiliated to any of these; nor do I vouch for them! wink

In reply to Kim Taylor

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Guillermo Madero -

Hi Visvanath,

When I first saw this thread I though of giving the same advice, but I never found the entry in my navigation block. Now that I followed the link you posted I see that it is under Site pages, however the entry only appears after clicking the link, otherwise only the Tags and the Calendar links are displayed. Am I missing something very obvious or why does the Moodle jobs entry does not appear?

In reply to Guillermo Madero

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Hi Guillermo

I work from various computers and as a result use all sorts of browsers. I must have unconciously got used to the idea that these "mouse over" menus are unpredictable and just click on the menu header.

I don't mind the additional energy I dissipate that way, unless you compare that to the energy needed to toggle a bit. See "IBM Scientists Measure the Heat Emitted From Erasing a Single Bit" http://science.slashdot.org/story/12/03/11/086233/ibm-scientists-measure-the-heat-emitted-from-erasing-a-single-bit/
smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Guillermo Madero -

Yes, I missed checking the menu bar, I'll remember it now. I wonder though, about the navigation block behaviour.

Interesting article! I'll search a bit more about that smile