Configuring resource view

Configuring resource view

by Ruth Bradley -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I'm new to Moodle and have just created my first course. I'm now trying to arrange my resources and have a question about configuring the default Resource view.

On the Activities tab, when I click on Resources it takes me to an overview of the Resources shown in a table. This looks fine but it could end up being quite a long list - is there any way to group resources (that aren't associated with a topic) on this page? It doesn't seem to pick up my labels that I have created, even though these are a Resource.

Any help would be appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruth Bradley

Re: Configuring resource view

by ben reynolds -

Hi Ruth,

I'm confused by "Activities *tab*." I've never seen an activities tab.

Typically, in a course with editing turned on, you will see a dropdown box labeled "Add a resource..." and beside it, another dropdown box labeled "Add an activity..."

Or, are you using an unusual theme?

In reply to ben reynolds

by Ruth Bradley -

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, I'm using the wrong terminology. Its the Activities block I mean, which currently shows me Assignments, forums and resources:

When I click Resources it give me an overview of my Resources.  I was just wondering if this can be configured to show Labels as it doesn't pick them up even through I thought they were Resources?  Or ideally could the layout of this page can be configured?

In reply to Ruth Bradley

by ben reynolds -

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for the clarification. It seems to me that the Resources link in the Activities block takes you to the Resources page, and the problem is that the Resources page doesn't think a label is a resource worth showing.

True in 1.9 and true in the Moodle demo course 2.2. I have to say that the 2+ layout is much nicer to view, though that's no help to you sad

In reply to ben reynolds

by Ruth Bradley -

Hi Ben,

I'll look at another way of doing it. Thanks for trying!

Regards,

Ruth