Course format help

Course format help

by Rahul Khandelwal -
Number of replies: 4

HI everyone,

I m using moodle 2.2.1+ on ubuntu 11.10 and its working fine but i m having trouble when i use one topic, top coll, grid course formats. it shows plugin name in place of the format name and its also not working. When i use these formats on windows with same configuration it works fine. Can any one help me in getting rid of this problem ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rahul Khandelwal

Re: Course format help

by Stuart Mealor -

Coincidentally I install these yesterday on an Ubuntu server running 2.2.2.

Grid didn't work (but it is a beta, so not unexpected).

OneTopic Course format does work.

So, I would suggets your permissions for the newly added directories are not correct on Ubuntu - check that they are readable by the apache process - www-data on Ubuntu.

In reply to Stuart Mealor

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Like Stuart I have installed some of these on a test server recently and found the same thing, OneTopic was fine, Grid didn't work - I haven't tried the other one. The only thing is, for me that was on a Windows server, so can you tell me how you got Grid working (on 2.2)?

Richard

by Rahul Khandelwal -

Its working on the windows but not on Ubuntu.

Stuart can You tell me how could i change the permission in apache as ubuntu uses LAMPP server and there is no apache file in it. Can you tell me how can i make them work in Ubuntu specially Onetopic Format.

by Stuart Mealor -

You seem pretty confused here ?

If you are using Ubuntu server with LAMP then you certainly do have Apache installed wink  But anyway, you shouldn't be going anywhere near the Apache config files when you are installing a plugin module or Theme in Moodle.

Basically, in your Moodle code directory, look for the Folder for the Theme, or Plugin, etc. and change the permissions on that Directory (and all sub directories) to be Owned by Apache (user www-data on Ubuntu).

I tend to use a GUI (Webmin) but it's just as easy to do this with chmod on the CLI if that's what you prefer smile