Back-up problems

Back-up problems

by Debbie McDonald -
Number of replies: 6

I am trying to back-up some of my courses in Moodle 2.0.2+ and I'm getting the following errors. Does this make sense to anyone?

Stack trace:
  • line 429 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 457 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to print_error()
  • line 23 of /backup/backup.php: call to required_param()
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Debbie McDonald

Re: Back-up problems

by Debbie McDonald -

If I remove all of the user data the back-up seems to work. This must be a file size limitation? hopefully...

by Tammy Moore -

I read something just the other day about a bug. If you add a resource, then you delete it, it makes for trouble in the backup process. I tried to find it to give you link to the posts and within the posts was alink to the bug tracker on it. Maybe others that can remember where that post was can chime in here? It was within the last 2 or 3 days in the Using Moodle postings. I will keep looking, but I figure if you knew there was something out there you could be scanning back for it as well.

(sorry about the odd font issue in the post. I am not sure what happened and the editor refuses to make it all the same for me)

In reply to Tammy Moore

by Debbie McDonald -

Thank you. I will start searching. It's weird because it is only happening with the larger classes. I was able to back-up all but about 4 classes.

by Rosario Carcò -

only a quick shot, try increasing the upload limit only until backup gets through.

After this there are some max_ limits in php.ini you might rise as well, execution limit of scripts memory limit and the like,

Rosario