Submit and Finish option

Submit and Finish option

by Adrienne Morris -
Number of replies: 1

We are using Moodle2.2 and I'm wondering what has happened to the Quiz option which allowed you to force students to either submit their answer after each question, or complete the whole quiz and then Submit and Finish? I'm sure I used to be able to select this option in the old version (1.9).

We've recently had experiences of students losing all their answers when they try to go back to make amendments to previously answered questions, so I was hoping to activate this as a form of damage limitation by saving each answer individually.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adrienne Morris

Re: Submit and Finish option

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The submit button on each question is controlled by the 'How questions behave' setting on the quiz settings form. (This replaces the old adaptive mode yes/no setting.)

The quiz saves all the responses every time the student moves to a different page, so the best protection is to break the quiz up into different pages.