Questionnaire keeps loggin me out

Questionnaire keeps loggin me out

by David Halfpenny -
Number of replies: 3

I have just installed the latest version of the questionnaire module. I am using Moodle 2.2.1 (Build: 20120109). I have used notification to install the plugin.

I can add the Questionnaire activity to a class. I can create fill in the questionnaire settings, but when I go to view the questionnaire, it logs me out. When I log back in again, the questionnaire I just created there, but I cannot access or edit it - it logs me out each time I try.

Help?

David

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Halfpenny

Re: Questionnaire keeps loggin me out

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi David,

a.- Where did you download your Questionnaire plugin from? Did you get it from here?

b.- "I have used notification to install the plugin." I don't understand what you mean.

b.- Are you creating a Questionnnaire activity in a Moodle course when logged in as Admin or Teacher?

c.- What happens exactly when you create a new questionnaire instance in your course. Please tell us where the following "normal" flow stops for you, and what exactly you see on the screen (a screenshot might help).

1. Edit mode ON
  2. Add an activity -> Questionnaire
  3. Fill in Name, Summary and nothing else
  4. Click the Save and Display button
  5. Screen shows 3 tabs: View  Advanced settings Questions
    and a "No content currently defined" message
  6. Can you click on the Advanced settings or the Questions tabs at all?

d.- Logged in as Admin, try to turn on debugging on your site to see if you get extra error messages.

e.- "I cannot access or edit it - it logs me out each time I try." What does this mean? What do you do, what happens?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by David Halfpenny -

Joseph,

Thank you for your reply. To answer your questions:

>>a.- Where did you download your Questionnaire plugin from? Did you get it from here?

Yes, I did download the plugin from the page you have linked to. After experiencing the problem I mentioned I uninstalled the plugin, deleted the files, downloaded the plugin and tried again. The problem is still there.

>>b.- "I have used notification to install the plugin." I don't understand what you mean.

As per the installation instructions I uploaded the files to my server, put the unzipped questionnaire folder into the mod directory and then while in Moodle I clicked on Site Administration>Notifications which directs to mysite/moodle/admin/index.php. Details of the plugin was shown on the screen and I clicked the upgrade button. After a small amount of time the screen indicated success and the questionnaire activity appeared was available in the activities dropdown box when I went to add activities in my courses.

>>b.- Are you creating a Questionnnaire activity in a Moodle course when logged in as Admin or Teacher?

I have tried it both ways. I usually roam the system as an admin, but I have a dummy teacher account and I tried to add the questionnaire activity as a teacher as well. Same problem.

>>c.- What happens exactly when you create a new questionnaire instance in your course. Please tell us where the following "normal" flow stops for you, and what exactly you see on the screen (a screenshot might help).

As per your flow:
    Edit mode ON
    Add an activity -> Questionnaire
    Fill in Name, Summary and nothing else
    Click the Save and Display button
    Moodle logs me out and displays the login screen.

I log in again and Moodle returns me to the Adding a new Questionnaire page again and the text fields are blank. If I go to the course page, the link to the Questionnaire I just created appears on the page, but if I try to access it to view it or edit it I get logged out again and need to login. Fortunately I can delete the activity from the course.

>>d.- Logged in as Admin, try to turn on debugging on your site to see if you get extra error messages.

OK, I had the debug messages on and I set the level to DEVELOPER and was able to see a whole heap of extra information in the footer of every page. I created the questionnaire as before with the same logging out problem. No errors were displayed.

>>e.- "I cannot access or edit it - it logs me out each time I try." What does this mean? What do you do, what happens?

As explained above, the questionnaire appears in the course, but I cannot view it (by clicking on it) or edit it (by turning editing on and clicking on the edit icon next to the activity).

Hopefully this will give you a better idea of what is happening. I can't find any other reports on the forum about this occurring. Could it just be me?

David

In reply to David Halfpenny

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@David, thanks for your new message, but unfortunately we do not get any new piece of information re the problem at hand. I do not recall having seen this kind of problem before with the Questionnaire module.

It is really strange that Moodle would "log you out" upon saving a newly created Questionnaire, and without any further debug info. There must be something wrong happening with either your Moodle installation or the moodle database. If you have access to your apache/logs/error.log file (the exact location might be different on your server), can you check if it shows any errors at precisely the time you get "logged out" after saving a new questionnaire.

Joseph