Course migration from 1.9.16+ to 2.2.1+

Course migration from 1.9.16+ to 2.2.1+

by David Hallam -
Number of replies: 1

We are currentally running moodle on a windows server running 1.9.16+ and i have got the new version up and running on 2.2.1+ on a new windows server built from scratch.

Now everything is fine but have just started migrating a few of the first courses and i understand tht i will only get besic course data which is fine. The only issue i am having is out current moodle all the courses are set to manual/and self enrolment so the students can enroll onto the courses they need in enrollment.

Now i have set the default settings to add manual and self enrolment to new courses in the admin block but this does not seem to add these enrolment plugin types into the restored courses from my 1.9 install?

Is this somthing that is normal or do i need to set this somewhere else.  

I can add this manually when i have restored each course but seems a bit pointless when i need to add this to all courses, and also i need to re-add the teachers already and will be a bit time consuming for 400+ courses that i need to restore.

We only do this type of self enrolment as we are a small college and never have any issues with students enrolling on courses.

Any help would be appreacated

cheers david

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Hallam

Re: Course migration from 1.9.16+ to 2.2.1+

by Rosario Carcò -

Try finding the according settings for enrolment in the database. You might be able to use a database query to add/modifiy all the needed settings to cofigure all of your courses this way.

Rosario