I have written some python scripts available here. It does the following functions:
- Automatically downloads assignments from moodle (single archive files)
- Extract files in a given directory (creating separate directory for separate students)
- Compares submitted files with each other checking for possible copies (files must be plain text only)
- (For vhdl language only) Compile testbenches using ghdl.
- It compose emails to be sent to those students with an attachement containing all suspect files.
- These messages can then be sent to suspects.
I have used them on coding assignments. It creates graphs and display possible copying of codes.
Some of these graphs are available here on my blog.
These scripts are not general purpose and requires some understanding of python language. I hope some of you will find them useful.