I would like enrollment in one course to give access to 3 "child courses" and

to provide different enrollment/subscription durations

(1 month, 3 months, etc.)

Is this possible?  Help please!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tim F

Re: One enrollment=access to 3 courses

by Tim F -

With the meta-links it is clearly possible and quite simple.  But what about the flow in the sign up process.  How can I get the potential student to sign up for the parent course and then see the three "child courses"?

In reply to Tim F

by Kim Taylor -

as a person very new to moodle i have been looking at it myself. i managed to do this in a test by doing it the other way around.  The child course is the one they enrol onto (like a dummy course) and the other courses are all set up as metacourses and each one linked to the dummy course. then when the enrolment is done on the"dummy child course" - (put wecome and intro stuff in this course) they auto enrol onto the other three courses and can see them. you have to allow the self enrolment options etc.

if you want different duration persiod i guess you can do a differernt dummy course for each duration?

i picked this up after looking at the metacourses info - there was an idea on how to use it for bundled courses.

out of interest what sort of subscriptions are you seeling - what cart etc will you use. i can so with ideas on this aspect.

In reply to Tim F

by Tim F -

I'm selling access to the classess (English as a second language)...now what I've done is given the "child courses" only two possible enrollment types: manual and meta-link to the parent course. 

I turned the default homepage to mymoodle and the only visible course is the parent course (aside from the free trial activities).  There are various subscription types to the main course (1 month, 3 months, 6 months using Paypal enrollments).  Then within the main course the only content are the links to the child courses...seems to be working better but we will see at the end of the month when we launch