mod/glossary/dynalink.php is missing

mod/glossary/dynalink.php is missing

por Steve Bluck -
Número de respostas: 7

Hi All,

Last year we upgraded from 1.9.12 to 2.1.3 (in place upgrade rather than a clean install) and while looking at Site administration >> Plugins >> Filters >> Manage filters I noticed that there was the above error.

This file didn't exist in the 1.9.12 version and doesn't exist in a clean install, and there is no option to delete this in the Manage Filters section. So where is the error coming from?

Looking through the forums any posts on this file appear to be from around version 1.1 / 1.2 circa 2004 which is way before my time in administering the site. Any help appreciated!

Cheers

Steve

PS It's not referenced in our CFG sorriso

Em resposta a 'Steve Bluck'

Re: mod/glossary/dynalink.php is missing

por Joseph Rézeau -
Foto de Core developers Foto de Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto de Plugin developers Foto de Testers Foto de Translators

Hi Steve,

1. You are right, there is no dynalink.php file in Moodle 1.9, neither in further versions (2.x).
  2. You say you upgraded 1.9 -> 2.1 "last year". It is not clear whether you noticed the "mod/glossary/dynalink.php is missing" error message when you did the upgrade (i.e. last year) or just now. If you noticed this last year, why are  you reporting this today only?
  3. Maybe the error message is being displayed following the restoring of older courses to your current moodle site?
  4. What is the complete history of your moodle site? Which version of Moodle was it first created with, and which successive upgrades did you do?
  5. Is this error message displayed each time you visit Your site administration >> Plugins >> Filters >> Manage filters?
  6. Does it prevent your glossary hyperlinking from working on your site? This is the most important thing, after all.
  7. Please provide a screenshot of the complete Site administration ► Plugins ► Filters ► Manage filters page, showing the error message and the list of your installed filters.

Joseph

Em resposta a 'Joseph Rézeau'

por Steve Bluck -

2. >External contractors did the upgrade (I would have done a clean install and restored courses rather than updating the old data), we've had numerous issues and while sorting the other issues I came across this.

3. >I'm the system admin and when I queried the team that looks after the front end they informed me this was existing since the upgrade

4. >The site has been in existence prior to me working here, which is 4 years, I have only been involved in doing upgrades through the various versions of 1.9. When I first started there was a project that I was not involved in that upgraded from 1.6 (I think) to 1.9, documentation of the site was poor before the 1.9 versions.

5. > Yes

6.> I'll need to check with the team that looks after the front end but I doubt that it interfers as that is a seperate listed filter (see reply to your point 7)

7. >Filters

por Joseph Rézeau -
Foto de Core developers Foto de Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto de Plugin developers Foto de Testers Foto de Translators

@Steve,

From what you tell me of your moodle site's story, it's very likely that this "dynalink.php" missing is a leftover from a very ancient version of moodle.

Although it is "possible" to upgrade a moodle site version after version, there comes a time when it is really much better to start completely afresh with a clean new version, and a fresh empty database.

Joseph

por Steve Bluck -

Hi Joseph,

My thoughts exactly (and as stated previously a clean install for the upgrade would have been my preferred option but the experts suggested otherwise) -if anyone has any ideas on how to remove the dynalink.php from showing in Site administration >> Plugins >> Filters >> Manage filters I'm all ears!

For example -does this section get the list of filters to display from a database table I can edit or a cfg file etc

Cheers

Steve

por Joseph Rézeau -

Steve "does this section get the list of filters to display from a database table I can edit ... ?"

That's quite likely. Have a look at your moodle database table mdl_filter_active. If it contains a mod/glossary/dynalink.php record, as in attached example, simply delete it.

Joseph

Anexo 08-03-2012 08-53-55.jpg

por Steve Bluck -

I shall do some investigation as deleting the mod/glossary/dynalink.php record from the table results in a mini BSOD grande sorriso:

Manager Filter error

por Steve Bluck -

Never mind -just found another admin had turned on debugging causing this page to display as above...

The deleting of the mod/glossary/dynalink.php  record has indeed removed the only reference to it I can find aprovador

Big thanks to you Joseph -now to sort out why debugging on turns the display of this section into a mess...