General help

Picture of Kevin Croteau
Stop email notification from Forum Post

Sorry, I searched for the answer both on Google and search Moodle.org but I am being overwhelmed with emails from a post and originally asking for all responses to forum post.  I now gets hundreds a day, how can I modify the two or three posts I made and stop receiving these email updates that aren't related to my forum topic post?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Teresa Gibbison
Re: Stop email notification from Forum Post
Group Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi Kevin

When you subscribe to a forum you receive email copies of each thread and reply.  Once you post to one of the Using Moodle discussions you will receive copies of all posts to that forum.  

There is currently no way to subscribe to just one thread - but people are wanting this so vote on MDL-1626

One way to avoid the multiple daily emails is to change your profile to receive just ONE email per day.  When you're in Moodle, click 'Edit profile' from "My profile settings' in the Settings block then alter the "Email digest type" option to either Subjects or Complete.

I hope this helps
Cheers
Teresa 

Picture of Helen Foster
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup Testers

Hi Kevin,

As Teresa mentions, you can limit the number of emails you receive to one per day. For other suggestions of how to stop forum notification emails, please see the FAQ 'I'm getting tons of email copies of forum posts. How do I stop them?' in Moodle.org FAQ.

Picture of Visvanath Ratnaweera
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers
> I now gets hundreds a day,

Which forum (or forums) in 'Using Moodle' has that much traffic?

Picture of robert vanier

I am an online teacher using moodle and the DAILY DIGEST does not seem to send me any daily email with all postings.   Do you know of any present bug with the newest version of moodle that is causing this?

Cheers,

Robert

Picture of Thomas Horch

Hi there,

As a manager of moodle 2.4 I've got a similar problem:

-I'm the only Manager experiencing it

-I get duplicates of every single post to every single user, only in a few forums

-I have no function or role in these forums, I'm not enroled at all

-changing E-Mail type in profile settings (complete/subjects) has no effect

Any ideas?