Moving questions to other categories

Moving questions to other categories

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 5
I would like to allow teachers to move questions between categories more easily than is currently possible. I have therefore added a category selection menu and "Move to" button with which the teacher can move all selected questions to a chosen category in one go, see attached screenshot. I am planning to commit that to Moodle 1.5 tomorrow.
Attachment category.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Moving questions to other categories

by Dawn Wright -

Gustav

I think this would be a very useful feature to add.

In reply to Dawn Wright

by Gustav W Delius -
It is in CVS for Moodle 1.5
In reply to Gustav W Delius

by Hiroto Kagotani -
Hi,

This looks very nice!

My little request is...
The word order "Move to" "category" does not suit some languages such as Japanese, etc. Could you make any good language-independent UI?

Thanks in advance.
In reply to Hiroto Kagotani

by Timothy Takemoto -

As Hiroto says, in Japanese the "Move to" is a bit difficult to put into Japanese, since it would more naturally come after the category with something sort of like "<< move" ("ni idou").

However I guess it could (and in other parts of Moodle perhaps is) achieved with something like, "move to the following category." It would be very difficult to design GUIS to meet all the languages that Moodle now supports.

Timothy

In reply to Hiroto Kagotani

by Gustav W Delius -
Moodle has this all over the place that some text is in front of selection menus rather than after it. Take all the module setup forms for example. I agree with Timothy that there must be some way even in Japanese to convey the idea also if the text is in front of the selection menu.