Define roles not working - can anyone help please

Define roles not working - can anyone help please

by Sarah Jane -
Number of replies: 2

Hi              Moodle Version 2.0.7 magazine theme

Can anyone help please regarding 'define roles' I am trying to prevent the teacher from viewing moodle/site:doclinks

As admin I go to settings>Permissions>Define roles> edit scroll down until I see  

Show links to offsite docs moodle/site:doclinks

select Prevent

But when I go back as the teacher I can still access the docs when I enter the reports.

What am I doing wrong? Is there something that I have missed that I should have done?

Any help and advise would be very gratefully received

Thanks Sarah x

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sarah Jane

Re: Define roles not working - can anyone help please

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

I am not sure you are doing anything wrong. If you are working at the Site Administration level, Users > Permissions > Define Roles, then you are going in and changing it as an Admin. When you then access a course, even as a Teacher, it is still recognizing the higher permissions level as an Admin. Get a Teacher to do it, or use your dummy role. You should have at least one dummy ID to test things at different levels. Assign the dummy to a course as a Teacher, log out then in as the dummy, try the change out, see the results. You might be pleasantly surprised. 

Of course, if you are not getting a change, then perhaps you need to look elsewhere for a supporting capability. mmm Interesting though.