Limit on the size of Glossary

Limit on the size of Glossary

by adam penner -
Number of replies: 4

Ive been working on the Glossary for a whileis there a limit on the size of Glossary? Im almost up to 300 entries, figure I have close to 1000. Is that reasonable for the software or a bit too much?

Adam

Average of ratings: -
In reply to adam penner

Re: Limit on the size of Glossary

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Adam,

if you don't want to have all those entries auto-linked I think that 1000 shouldn't be a problem but, if you wan to use them with the glossary auto-link feature, er, well, it could "fry" your server.

Ciao smile
In reply to adam penner

by Miles Berry -
I've been looking into converting the entries in thesaurus.maths.org into a Moodle glossary - there are c. 2500 entries in the English school level section alone. I take it that autolinking would be a Bad Idea, even on a 2Ghz 1GB machine running Moodle 1.5, yes?
In reply to Miles Berry

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think it could be OK if you set the filter caching to something really long (like 7 days). We made a lot of efficiency improvements related to filters in 1.5.