MyMobile

MyMobile

by Diana Muir -
Number of replies: 14

I'm using Moodle 2.2+, hosting by NTCHosting.com.  I've installed the application, and it seems to be working fine, but when I choose the Mymobile Theme, nothing changes on my screen.  I'm working on a laptop, full screen. as anyone had experience developing for this theme? How does it work? Does it look different if I use my IPad to access the course?  Maybe it's just not installing correcting? Diana Muir, World Virtual School, http://wvs.us.com/moodle/

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Diana Muir

Re: MyMobile

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Do  you mean when you access Moodle on your mobile the theme doesn't appear?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dan Trouten -

I think I'm thinking what you're thinking Mary.

Most of the mobile applications "skin" the website. This means Moodle says to itself "self...it's a cell phone. Display it with this template instead."

If I understand the subprogram correctly it will look one way on a computer and another on the cell phone.

D

In reply to Diana Muir

by John St -

If you select the theme as a mobile theme, then it will only appear when using a mobile device. I checked your site with my phone, and the mymobile theme appeared to be working... 

In reply to Diana Muir

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Diane,

The problem with the way Moodle works now is that it is not obvious what to do when choosing a theme. In the latest versions of Moodle 2.2.x you have got 4 options when choosing a theme. Default; Legacy; Tablet; and Mobile. If you set a different theme for all these then the Default is the one which displays on you PC or Mac. Legacy only works if you use IE6 or IE7 (providing you choose Legacy Standard theme). The theme set for Tablet only shows if you use a Tablet device. And lastly, MyMobile, if you set this for Mobile device,  will only show up as the theme on your Mobile device. And as John as tested this out on your site, somewhere along the line you figured out which theme to change. However, it looks like you did not choose your default theme, probably this is still the Standard theme, just white and very plain. smile

In this case go back into Theme selector and choose a new theme as your Default. If you want to try the MyMobile on your LapTop then choose MyMobile as your default theme, as well as it being your Mobile theme, and Tablet theme too come to that if you set it up like that.

To change these themes just click on the button at the side of each section.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary E

In reply to Mary Evans

by Claire Browne -

Hello All,

Could you someone try to get to mysite to see if the MyMobile theme appears.

Site url: moodle.cvqo.org

I am currently having difficulty recieveing the theme, I have tested the theme on the ipad and it works perfectly just not on the iphone 3gs or iphone 4.

your feedback would be much appreciated.

In reply to Claire Browne

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Claire,

I don't have an iAnything, but just tried your site on an HTC android phone and I'm seeing what I presume to be your normal log on page and not a mymobile theme one.

Have you selected the theme for both tablet and mobile options in the Theme Selector, and do you have device detection turned on in Theme Settings (I'm assuming yes to the last one at least, or it wouldn't have shown up on the iPad I guess!)

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by John St -

Worked fine on the iphone for me!

In reply to John St

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It works! it works!

It works!

Yeah!!!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Claire Browne -

Hi Mary,

Could you tell me if you saw the blue and white mymobile theme or was the screen grey and white?

thanks for your help.

by Mary Evans -

Sorry my comment back there was cheering because John said it worked!  I don't have an iphone or ipad...sorry for the confusion.

However, if you set your Mobile Device to use the Gray rather than Blue in the MyMobile settings page then chances are you need to change the settings back to the default which should be Blue.

PS: Your website seems to have crashed!

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Claire Browne -

Hello Richard,

I only have the Mymobile theme for the Mobile phone, the ipad theme is the default theme because it display Krystal Makeover soo smooth (thanks to the creator).

On the Iphone I am seeing a grey background and white login boxes, where before I was seeing the My Mobile theme which is blue and white. It seems to me that my phone has lost the css.

Anyone else noticied loss of .css on the my mobile theme on the iphone?

by Miriam Laidlaw -
Picture of Plugin developers

I see the Mobile theme login page on both the iPhone 4S and Samsung Galaxy S. Seems to be working. smile

In reply to Miriam Laidlaw

by Claire Browne -

Hello Miriam,

Could you tell me also if you saw a blue and white theme or a grey and white theme for the mymobile theme on the iphone and samsung galaxy.