cron emails - emails per batch?

cron emails - emails per batch?

by Danniel Fred -
Number of replies: 3

hello guys,

as you can see, this post is being so complicated and seems -almost-nobody have time to read it in details to solve the problem, so i will just manimize the issue as follow:

our emails sending on the current server is only 150 emails per hour. once cron is executed is doesn't send anything as obviously there is more than that in the queue so it crashes and sending errors to the info@domain.com which i put as default noreply email address.

cron is sending each 15 minutes as default by moodle and it is working fine.

1- how i can modify this to make the emails being out less than 150 emails per hour? for example 25 emails for this cron job or any other idea not to exceed this limit but having most important notifications working as emails...

2- how to make sure that everything before this moemnt are not to be sent, as, with each cron it include everyting from the start and obviously it crashes with our email sending hourly limit...

please help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Danniel Fred

Re: cron emails - emails per batch?

by Danniel Fred -

Hello,

I wonder how nobody has this issue before?

In reply to Danniel Fred

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Probably because there are few other webhosts who put a limit on the emails sent by the cron job? - or at least one which has impinged on what has been happening on the site.

Possibly if your site is big and active enough that you have more than this number of emails in an hour on a regular basis, then you may need to be looking to move away from the shared hosting onto a more dedicated server, and certainly one without these imposed limits.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Danniel Fred -

exactly, that is what we will do, we will move to a dedicated hosting server.

but for now, isn't there a way to make emails only to be sent for ONLY:

- new forum post

- new reply to post that user is posted in this very post

... because emails not-from-cron are working well such as messaging alert and password recovery..

so is there anyway to notify only about new forum posts? even if without the replies at all?

and how i can check where these all cron emails are nested to clear them up anyway, not to make the cron fail, obviously are more than 150 exceeding our hourly limit!