Overlaying text on pictures

Overlaying text on pictures

Höfundur Samantha Jones -
Number of replies: 14

Hi

Has anyone any experience of overlaying text input boxes onto a picture (in this case, a screen shot of a data inputting page) to give the impression that the user is actually inputting information?

The aim is that this will be incorporated into a Quiz format.

Any guidance would be appreciated - how to, plug ins (although cost is a consideration - private company on a budget!), etc. 

Version 2.2.1

Many thanks

Samantha Jones (Sam)

Meðaltal dóma: -
In reply to Samantha Jones

Re: Overlaying text on pictures

Höfundur Mary Cooch -
Mynd af Documentation writers Mynd af Moodle HQ Mynd af Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd af Testers Mynd af Translators

Hi Sambros Are you just meaning image editing software that will insert text into a screenshot of a form- or are you meaning something more substantial such as a new question type? 

In reply to Mary Cooch

Hi Mary Yes, the latter, I think. The plan is that the student completes the form in response to the question. I am using a separate image with Cloze questions running next to it at the moment but am wanting to lay the same idea over the top of the image so it looks more like a simulation. Does that make sense Mary? Thanks Sam

Höfundur Joseph Rézeau -
Mynd af Core developers Mynd af Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd af Plugin developers Mynd af Testers Mynd af Translators

Hi Sam,

A mockup screenshot would help us understand what you want to achieve.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Thanks for responding Joseph.  Below is a copy of the empty database page on an independant programme.  It might be that some fields are completed in the screen shot and a scenario provided.  The learner will be asked to complete the remaining fields correctly to match with Short Answers or Multiple Choice responses.

Höfundur Joseph Rézeau -
Mynd af Core developers Mynd af Particularly helpful Moodlers Mynd af Plugin developers Mynd af Testers Mynd af Translators

Hi Sam,

I doubt that what you want to do will be possible with an existing Moodle activity, Quiz or otherwise.

From the screenshot it seeems however that what you need is not the Quiz activity but a "survey-like" acvitity such as Feedback (included in Moodle) or Questionnaire for Moodle (3rd-party plugin).

Joseph

Hi Joseph,

Thank you again.  I will certainly look at the alternatives that you have suggested.

Sam

Höfundur Itamar Tzadok -

You should be able to construct such a page in a cloze question type, such that the fields to answer are actual embedded cloze MC and SA and the rest are either text/html or images (or a background image). A lot of work, but if you use these questions/scenario multiple times it should be worth the time. hth bros

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

Höfundur Joseph Rézeau -

@Itamar,

I had also thought of suggesting the Cloze question type but, as I say in my previous message from the screenshot it looks pretty obvious that the purpose of this "activity" is to gather data, not to test the student, hence my suggestion of a "survey-like" activity instead.

Joseph

Höfundur Itamar Tzadok -

I'm not sure about that Joseph. Samantha Jones does say (my emphasis):

The learner will be asked to complete the remaining fields correctly to match with Short Answers or Multiple Choice responses.

This seems to me more assessment-like than survey-like activity. bros

Höfundur Joseph Rézeau -

@Itamar,

Well, then, there is a mismatch between the activity presented in the screenshot and the notion of "correctness" as I understand it.

@Samantha,

Is this going to be a quiz/test for assessing the students' knowedge or are you - as I suggested - actually collecting data?

Joseph

Yes, Itamar, your interpretation is correct.  It is as an assessment tool.

Hello Itamar

Thank you.  The embedded cloze questions is the approach I have been taking.  Dina also suggested the background image so will be working on this next.  Thank you.

Höfundur dina patil -

Hi Samantha Jones,

ya it can be possible into Imake maker/GD libriary into moodle but need  explaination on the same.

Regards,

Dina