I just got an email from Mista Walt who has this query on Moodle Maths tools. He wants some advice on which Maths plugin to use for online Moodle quizzes.
For myself, I'm thinking STACK (Moodle 1.9) or Wiris (commercial maths plugin). Can anyone help?
We would like to create math and science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) quizzes and publish to our LMS system which shall be accessible via Laptops (Windows & Apple), Tablets,Smartphones, etc.
The challenge we have are the following:
1) In the quiz questions we would like to be able to enter math equation i.e. formula
2) In the quiz questions we would like to be able to embed math diagrams to clarify the question for the users
3) The multiple choice answers - Distractors : we should be able to enter math equation/formula
4) The multiple choice answers - Distractors: we should be able to enter or upload diagrams
5) The multiple choice answers - Feedback : we should be able to enter math equation/formula
6) The multiple choice answers - Feedback: we should be able to enter or upload diagrams
7) The nature of the quizzes requires that students should be able to enter math equation or formula.
8) Math or equation editor shall be required so that content production team as well as students enter math equation/formula
Do you know any tool/software package we can use to create these math and science quizzes?
Using Using_TeX_Notation in MOODLE or asciimath not very efficient.
We currently have over 15,000 Q&As ready for the quizzes.
We are not sure if GeoGebra, DragMath, etc. can do this job of getting 15,000 math Q&As into MOODLE.
It looks like http://www.wiris.com/en/quizzes could be an option.
Could you kindly recommend any tool or software package we can use in the meantime?
Many thanks for the swift response.