Gradebook

Picture of Amri Santosa
Can't export gradebook to excel

Dear all

I have problem to export gradebook to excel, the specification of moodle and server are bellow:

Moodle version: 1.9.16

Server Configuration

Apache version 2.2.21
PHP version 5.2.9
MySQL version 5.0.92-community-log
Architecture i686
Operating system linux

I hope there anyone could solve this problem..... thanks in advance...

Best Regard,

Amri

Picture of Marcus Green
Re: Can't export gradebook to excel
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Please provide more information.

Picture of Amri Santosa

Dear Mr. Marcus,

when I Export  Moodle's grade book to excel format, the resulting file is completely empty (0 bytes), but for other format (*.ODS, *.CSV, *.txt) there's no problem.

I hope anyone have any idea to sort out this problem.

If  you need further information please advise me what kind of information do you need, because i'm a very newbie and i don't know the related information which need to solve this problem

Thanks in advance,

Amri

Picture of Marcus Green
Group Particularly helpful Moodlers

Yes, that is the sort of information I was looking for.

Picture of Amri Santosa

Hi.... is there anyone would help me for this problem..... please....

I've moved my moodle to another hosting (also using linux server), but the problem is still happen....

Picture of Carlos Álvarez Álvarez

Hi Amri,

try to change "Excel encoding", default value is Unicode, maybe you need to use Latin.

You can find that opcion at Language settings.

http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Language_settings#Excel_encoding

Carlos

Picture of Eva Adam

Dear All,

I experienced the same in our 2.3 Moodle today. I wanted to get the names of the students from a course that was hidden but had 1 assignment task but without any results yet. I tried to Excel export - the resulting file was seemingly empty but its size was 21KB. I looked into the file and could see lots of "NUL"s and other codes but no real data. The export worked in all other formats (text, XML, open doc) and showed the list of all students in the course.

When I tried including the feedback in the export, this trick solved the original problem: the names appeared in the Excel file. I had this problem in all my courses that had no results yet and this trick worked in all cases.

BTW, do you have any idea how to get the list of students in a course other than exporting the gradebook?

Éva