Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT

Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT

by Graham Paull -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone,

I am trying to install Moodle 2.2.1+ fresh but I am coming up with the following error, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Error writing to database

More information about this error

It is usually not possible to recover from errors triggered during installation, you may need to create a new database or use a different database prefix if you want to retry the installation.

Debug info: Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT and at least one table uses a storage engine limited to row-based logging. InnoDB is limited to row-logging when transaction isolation level is READ COMMITTED or READ UNCOMMITTED.
INSERT INTO mdl_message_providers (name,component,capability) VALUES(?,?,?)
[array (
0 => 'notices',
1 => 'moodle',
2 => 'moodle/site:config',
)]
Stack trace:
  • line 397 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_write_exception thrown
  • line 893 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 935 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record_raw()
  • line 248 of /lib/messagelib.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->insert_record()
  • line 1362 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to message_update_providers()
  • line 174 of /admin/index.php: call to install_core()
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Graham Paull

Re: Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT

by Pascal Maury -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

Moodle 2.3
version  = 2012062500.01
release  = '2.3+ (Build: 20120701)

We had the same error. To solve it, we change the value of the field binlog_format in the /etc/my.cnf file of our mysql server :

binlog_format=ROW

The previous value was "MIXED". In some old posts (http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=164025), we read that "MIXED" is enough but it doesn't work for us.

Pascal

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Pascal Maury

Re: Cannot execute statement: impossible to write to binary log since BINLOG_FORMAT = STATEMENT

by Scott Cormier -

Thanks for this,

MIXED worked for us - it was commented out in the my.cnf file

Cheers