Students cant see Images in the quiz?????

Students cant see Images in the quiz?????

by umesh chavan -
Number of replies: 5

we have 2 moodle instatnces, one is offline an done in online(hosted live)

for some courses we tried building quiz with images on offline site and exported the quiz in gift and even moodle xml format.

then we imported them onto the live site, but then our stuydents are unable to see images.

so now we had to build the quiz on live site directly, but again the images are not seen.

we have uploaded images direcotory in the respective course/files then linked the respective image to the each Q. still students cant see images.

what could be the prob?

we got stuck while exam......

umesh

Average of ratings: -
In reply to umesh chavan

Re: Students cant see Images in the quiz?????

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello,

I am sure several users on this forum will try to help you but to do so it would be usefull to provide additional informations :

• What version of Moodle are you using ?
  • You said that "students can't see the images" but does that means that teachers can see images ? This would point to a permission problem
  • If connected as a student and displaying a question with missing images you look at the page html sourcecode in your browser, does images' urls in the code look corrects ?
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

by Anvita Dekhane -

Hello,

I am facing the same issue of including images in the lessons that we upload. I checked the page html source code and that doesnot contact the images' url. I am uploading through the XML format. 

Please guide what should be done.

Thanks

In reply to Anvita Dekhane

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Anvita,

You say that you have problem "including images in the lessons". You should understand that lessons and quiz are 2 completely different activities in Moodle and that if you have problem in lessons you need to go to the lesson forum to find people to help you.

And also you should know that currently import of images in questions is not supported in lessons. It works when you import questions with images in a quiz but it doesn't works when you import questions with images in a lesson.

I have submitted some changes to make it working so maybe in a future version of Moodle it will work. In the meantime, you can vote for this feature here MDL-38560, MDL-38505, MDL-32870, MDL-38540. Very few people have voted for these issues so I don't know if a lot of lesson's users are interested in this feature ?

Currently Moodle developpers are very busy preparing the release of Moodle 2.5 but I hope that after that release Rossiani Wijaya, who is maintaining the lesson activity module, will have more time to review my proposed code and hopefully it can be integrated in Moodle.

that is of course if you are using a recent version of Moodle ! What version of Moodle are you using ?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to umesh chavan

by Debora Weber-Wulff -

Just having the exact same problem on Version 2.1.4. I exported my questions from Moodle 1.9, imported them into 2.1.4, I can see all of the pictures as a teacher. They can only see *some* of the pictures, although all are in the directory. I had to run out and print off copies of the picture in the middle of the exam so we could go on.....

In reply to Debora Weber-Wulff

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Debora,

I don't think your problem is exactly the same as Umesh's one. In your case the problem is caused by the fact your questions were exported  from moodle 1.9 and are imported into Moodle 2.1.4. You must understand that Moodle 1.9.x and Moodle 2.x manage files and images in a totally different way.

The first problem is that there are 2 kind of images in questions :

• images entered in the "image to display" field that existed in Moodle 1.9 and is no more here in Moodle 2.0. When you export questions from Moodle 1.9 and import them in Moodle 2.x these images are added to the question text and everything should be OK
  • images entered inside the question text using the html editor (or in answers typing the html code). In most cases these images aren't transfered and the html code is not updated, so in most cases the url still point to the old 1.9 server. And even if you replace the old server's url with the new one and transfer images manually from the old server moodledata dir to the new one, things are not working because as I said Moodle 2.x has a completely different management of images and files.

As Tim Hunt said in that thread, there is no solution currently to this problem other than manually edit these questions re-adding images in the right Moodle 2.x way.