Lesson

Picture of Fred Frazelle
Orphaned activities

We have recently upgraded from 1.9 to 2.x and when our teacher now goes to edit her activities, they are listed as "orphaned" even though they are visible and can be edited.

Is this a bug or are we missing something?

Have a great evening!  smile

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Fred Frazelle
Re: Orphaned activities [SOLVED]

fred you need to go to the Course and edit the settings for Topic number and set it to at least the number of topics (activities) that you have, otherwise none show up.

Have a great evening!  smile

Average of ratings:Useful (2)
Mary Cooch
Group Documentation writersGroup Moodle Course Creator Certificate holdersGroup Moodle HQGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Man after my own heart (answering his own problems and posting them!)big grin

Picture of george none

Fred, That was a very helpful answer. You fixed my problem too!

Thanks!

Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

@Fred (and Fred wink),

Actually the "orphaned activities" feature is a great workaround for when teacher wants some activities to be "hidden from students" but still available through direct links from other - visible - activities.

See also MDL-24927.

Joseph

Picture of Mindy Workman

I cannot get this to work in 2.3

I have the orphaned activities and links to the activities, but the student gets the message that the activity is hidden.

Picture of Phonekeo Siharath

I did what Jeff suggested and it still didn't work entirely, although, it did identify that there was something wrong (only one topic was to be listed despite the fact that I had 13). Thanks, Jeff.  The problem was that the drop down would only go as high as 10. I found a little "+" button at the bottom of the main page that I kept on clicking on to have the modules re-appear. As I clicked, my old module titles again became visible and editable and the "orphaned activities" header disappeared; I could then edit things again.