Automatically assign Parent/Mentor permissions through external DB

Automatically assign Parent/Mentor permissions through external DB

by Philip Norton -
Number of replies: 2

I have used the external database plugins for enrolling and authentication. I allow both students, faculty staff and parents to log in - since we have this information in our database.

Currently, our parents are getting "guest" access to all the courses that their children are enrolled in (through the Enrolment External Database Plugin), which works to a degree, but they are then unable to monitor their children's progress.

Is there an automated way to assign parent-privileges for the parents on our site, so that they become mentors of their children? Preferably done through an automated enrolment plugin so that the information in our administration system is automatically updated on Moodle?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Philip

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philip Norton

Re: Automatically assign Parent/Mentor permissions through external DB

by Philip Norton -
In reply to Philip Norton

Re: Automatically assign Parent/Mentor permissions through external DB

by Maxime Pelletier -

Hi Philip,

I updated an almost unknown piece of code written by Penny Leach which was importing parent/mentor role from an external DB. The original version was only compatible with Moodle 1.9. The updated version of this plugin is available here:

https://github.com/maxCSA/moodle-enrol_dbuserrel

Be careful because I haven't tested it a lot. I need to polish it a little bit as well smile

Regards