Quiz

How to remove background colour in quiz

Picture of Nyree Williams
How to remove background colour in quiz

Hi everyone

Using Moodle 2.2

I can't seem to find the css file to change the background of the block regions in the quiz from blue to white. I've manage to change the background for the buttons (see attached

I'm using the Arialist theme

can anyone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Nyree

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Joseph Rézeau
Re: How to remove background colour in quiz
Group DevelopersGroup Particularly helpful MoodlersGroup TestersGroup Translators

Hi Nyree,

Which question type is this: Multiple choice or Multiple choice embedded in a Cloze question?

Anyway, the CSS rule you want is located in <moodle>\theme\base\style\question.css

.que .formulation {background: #e4f1fa;}

You need to change the background color to the color you want.

Joseph

Picture of Nyree Williams

Hi Joseph

Found it! Thanks very much

(BTW it was a Multiple choice question)

Nyree

Daa'iyah

Thanks,

This worked for me, too. Since my theme did not have .que .formulation {background: #e4f1fa;}, I had to add it and change the hex code to #ffffff.

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

I still think it was a good decision to make a clear distinction for students between what is the question, and what is the outcome of the answer they made.

You don't need to use the same blue and yellow colours that I did, but I would encourage you to make some visual distinction between the different areas of the question in some elegant way that fits in with the rest of your theme.

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Gerald Buss

Thank You Joseph!

There is so much advice about how to change that setting, but this is the first post I've found that actually told me exactly where the file was.  Mission Accomplished in less than a minute.

Thanks,

Gerald

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Alosies George

Hi Joseph, 

Just when I thought I found exactly what I needed, I'm getting stuck somewhere. Please help me out. 

I wanted to change the background colour to white. But even after doing the colour change in .que .formulation {background: #e4f1fa;} in <moodle>\theme\base\style\question.css , I am not able to see any change in the question background. 

I'm using moodle 2.8.1

theme: Aardvark

Tim at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
Group DevelopersGroup Documentation writersGroup Particularly helpful Moodlers

After editing the CSS file, did you click "Purge all caches" from the admin menu? You need to do that for the changes to show up.