Turn off autolinking for assignment module

Turn off autolinking for assignment module

by Steve Bilton -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I've been experiencing issues with autolinking.

To explain, we use the assignment module a little differently perhaps to how it was originally invisaged. Our tutors use this as an on-going record of professional discussion. This discussion is a requirement of the course. It must be proven that correspondance between our tutors and students have taken place and have been recorded.

So our tutors pose a question to the student. The student responds.

Our tutors then copy the students response and paste this in to the feedback window. Underneath (using a differntly coloured font) our tutor provides feedback.

The student then responds to the tutors response and the tutor then takes their most recent response and includes this in the 'running' disscussion log feedback window. The tutor then provdes further feedback...... and so on until the discussion is completed.

Once completed the assignment is given a grade mark to indicate the completion of this disscussion.

The issue, is that our tutors are copying text from the students response and pasting it in to the feedback window. I noticed that javascript links from the autolinking of glossary terms are also copied along with the text.

When the student goes to visit the tutors response they do not see any text after where a malformed javascript "a href" link is included. Obviously it's quite simple to remove the link via the interface, however I'd rather avoid this completely and prevent autolinking for all 'assignment' module instances.

Does anyone know a way to acheive this? I can't see an obvious way to adjust any settings..... using version 1.8.8 moodle.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Steve
SHEilds eLearning

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Bilton

Re: Turn off autolinking for assignment module

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

"... using version 1.8.8 moodle."

Ouch, that is old. What you want is easily achieved in Moodle 2 versions. See attached example for the assignemnt activity.

Joseph

Attachment 08-02-2012 17-30-04.jpg
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Steve Bilton -

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for your feedback.

I had a feeling someone would say "easy using moodle 2", haha!

Well the good news is I'm re-building all our health and safety courses pretty much from scratch in Moodle 2 at present, as our Moodle 1.8 is exstremely customised. The sheer amount of changes would make it very difficult to attempt to import existing data. So my scratagey is to completely re-vamp our courses and redesign them, hopefully with the aim of increased user interactivity due to the course(s) new format.Only trouble is, as you might imagine it's going to take me quite some time to re-create all our courses, but i'm sure in the long run it's going to be worth it!

I guess this linking issue will not be a problem too much longer for us, I just have to get a move on with the Moodle 2 course revamp.

All the best

Steve

SHEilds eLearning

In reply to Steve Bilton

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Steve,

Thanks for keeping me posted. I wish you good luck with your re-vamping operation and hope you will like the Moodle 2 new features.

ATB

Joseph