quiz navigation and timing out

quiz navigation and timing out

francesco urbano -
回帖数:2

I am interested in preparing quizzes for my students to evaluate them. At present I use a simple free program called QuizFaber. However I need a better solution and so I am trying to test how Moodle's Quiz Module works.

I have two important requirements I was not able to satisfy when trying to prepare quizzes with Moodle. Maybe it is possible to satisfy them but I don't know how. So I ask if someone can help me.

1. I would like that when a student takes a quiz he cannot "navigate" among questions. That is: I want that he tries to answer the first question, then goes to the next and so on but he should not be allowed to go back and forth.

2. Besides having a maximum time for the whole quiz I would like to set a maximum time for each question (I put one question for each page). When  time expires you should switch automatically to the next question.

Is there any way to set such a behaviour in a Moodle's quiz?

If someone can answer me I would be very grateful to him.

回复francesco urbano

Re: quiz navigation and timing out

Joseph Rézeau -
Core developers的头像 Particularly helpful Moodlers的头像 Plugin developers的头像 Testers的头像 Translators的头像

Hi Francesco,

You do not say whether you are using Moodle at the moment or planning to use it, especially for creating quizzes.

The 2 questions you are asking are asked regularly on this forum (did you Search the forums before posting? 眨眼)

Question #1 See e.g. preventing students from moving backwards in a quiz

Question #2 See e.g. How to have time limit for each question?

and bug report MDL-11047 (for which you can vote)

Hope that helps,

Joseph

回复Joseph Rézeau

Re: quiz navigation and timing out

francesco urbano -

Many thanks, Joseph! At the moment I'm not using Moodle at school but I'm trying to use it at home to learn how it works. I'm planning to use it at school because it seems to be a very good and flexible platform, although somewhat complex (for me). In fact I'm mainly interested in using quizzes to evaluate students.

Sorry, I tried to search the forums before posting but maybe I did not use the right keywords (my english is not so good as you see) and didn't find what I was searching for. Now I'm going to read carefully the pages you suggest me.

Thank you very much.