Only one fileserver repository shows at a time

Only one fileserver repository shows at a time

by Penny Mondani -
Number of replies: 5

Hi.  I am in the process of rebuilding my very old Moodle site to a fresh 2.2 installation and am trying to "do it right" with the file repositories (I still don't like the way it works, but I'm trying to learn to love it).

My host (a Moodle Partner) set up a fileserver repository (in moodledata) for me to FTP my zipped course backups...and restore from there.  Seeing that folder in the file picker inspired me, so I created my own repository for site-common files.  

My problem: As soon as I did that, the first folder (with the course backups) disappeared from the file picker:

file picker with image repository

If I delete the Zebra repository (from site admin>manage repositories), the original one (Uploads) reappears in the file picker:

filepicker showing original

Here is how it is set up:

repository instances for file server

I added a THIRD repository, went to the file picker from "restore", "insert image", and "insert media"...now only this last repository shows in the file picker.  It seems as though the last one I've added in is the only one available even though the "manage repositories" settings indicate "3 site-wide common instances".

Thanks in advance for ideas...Penny

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Penny Mondani

Re: Only one fileserver repository shows at a time

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Penny.

That is definitely a bug you've found there (I can step through the code and see exactly where it is going wrong).

I'm going to see if I can put together a fix - in the meantime you can follow the issue here: http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-31541

Davo

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

by Penny Mondani -

Thanks, Davo!  You are the BEST!  

In reply to Penny Mondani

by Jesse Diller -

I have noticed the same issue.  

I'm using Moodle 2.2.1+ (Build: 20120213), 3 repositories set up.

they are enabled:

but:

only one repository shows up in the file picker.

I'll be watching this issue closely; I may have to roll back to an earlier version because of this, but I REALLY don't wanna...

- Jesse

In reply to Jesse Diller

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
If you follow the link to the tracker issue, you'll notice that the fix was integrated on 17th Feb. Any version downloaded after that date should work fine. As your version number is from 13th Feb, you don't have the fix.
In reply to Davo Smith

by Thom Rawson -

I can confirm this is fixed in March 1, 2012 build. I experienced the same problem back in February. But now it's working.