Question about dropbox repository

Question about dropbox repository

by Gregor McNish -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Various forum postings give the impression that the Dropbox repository gave individuals access to their own individual Dropbox account.

Having set up the dropbox repository, requested the API keys, and put the "app" into production status, it seems that each user just gets access to the one site wide Dropbox. There's no option for a user to add their own Dropbox instance-- at least not that I can find.

Am I missing something? Can access to individual dropboxes be enabled with the Dropbox repository plugin?

We want it to simplify file management using the ipad for students, but it would also be great for teachers, especially sessional teachers.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gregor McNish

Re: Question about dropbox repository

by Rob Johnson -

Our site allows users to browse individual Dropbox accounts.  When the user clicks Dropbox the first time, he/she is asked permission to allow Moodle to access the account, and a log in is displayed.  Who is the owner of the account your users see?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Gregor McNish -

It's a departmental one we use for some other things. That's what I tested as admin, and then when I log in with my own student account, I click the login button and it logs me into that account without requesting a password.

It's possible I used my student account during testing and connected to that dropbox account-- the repository doesn't offer  the login screen again when logged out-- just logs me in automatically..

When dropbox is enabled it doesn't show up under the users repository, just under system. And there's only one record for dropbox in mdl_repository_instances

I'll try with another account, see if I get a proper login. Failing that, I'll remove the instance record and give it another go.

Thanks

In reply to Gregor McNish

by Gregor McNish -

We got this working. I was confused by the fact that I was getting access to the dropbox of a user I'd logged in as previously, and thinking that it was storing an institutional dropbox.

It's just a problem of keeping browser sessions active. Works fine when it's used as it would likely be used.