Problem when filtering hotpot attempts

Problem when filtering hotpot attempts

by Luis Vázquez de Lara -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

When I check the attempts, let's say in the overwiew option, and I try to filter the attempts for surnames starting with certain letter (clicking in that letter), the following error appears:

ERROR: Mixed types of sql query parameters!!

and I can´t  see the attempts anymore, until I leave Moodle and come back again.

Trying to use the filter option does not give errors, just does not filter anything

What can I do to fix this problem? Using Moodle 2.1.4+

Thanks in advance

Luis

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Vázquez de Lara

Re: Problem when filtering hotpot attempts

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Luis,

as far as I know, the reports on the HotPot module don't have a list of surname first letters that you can click, so I am confused.

To your next post to this forum, please could you attach a screenshot of the report you can see with the list of surname first letters.

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Luis,
pardon my confusion blush

I have realized that the HotPot reports do have initial bars if there are more than 20 users, so I will investigate further and let you know what I find out.

Gordon

by Gordon Bateson -

Hello again Luis,

I was able to duplicate the error that you reported and I have implemented a fix (in the "mod/hotpot/report/renderer.php" script).

When you have time, please download and install the lastest version of the HotPot module for Moodle 2.x and let me know if the issue is resolved fo you.

regards
Gordon

by Luis Vázquez de Lara -

Hi Gordon:

Thank you so much for the fix. The use of the initials bar does not give any problem now, but the filter issue persists. When I write a condition in the "new filter" section, nothing gets filtered. Were you able to duplicate this error?

Thanks again

Luis

In reply to Luis Vázquez de Lara

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Luis,
thanks for alerting me to this. I hope to have time to look at it later this week.
cheers
Gordon