Locked out of the course by accidentally disabling manual enrolment?

Locked out of the course by accidentally disabling manual enrolment?

by Alexander Ufimtsev -
Number of replies: 5

Hi All,

Is there any way to prevent accidental 'harakiri' by teachers when by mistake they press 'disable' button instead of 'enrol users' button on the enrolment methods page? Maybe a confirmation page or removing an ability to lock yourself out of the course if you are a teacher? The buttons for locking yourself out and enroling people are literally 2 mm away from each other and it only takes one mouse click...

Actually, there is no popup for enabling/disabling 'eye' icon as well, so sometimes teachers presume that 'eye' stands for 'viewing' the list.

Thanks in advance,
Alexander

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alexander Ufimtsev

Re: Locked out of the course by accidentally disabling manual enrolment?

by Ratana Lim -

Administrator can disable any role (ie Teacher) config permission to the enrollment plugin.

Site administrator->Define roles 

edit the role and uncheck Configure manual enrol instancesenrol/manual:config

Disabling the enrollment config permission will remove the x, eyses, and edit icon in the screenshot posted.

In reply to Ratana Lim

by Benjamin Lemoine -

Hi,

I've done what Ratana Lim is recommanding but I still have the delete cross (X) and the eye available for a teacher User.

I've also forbidden the permission enrol/manual:config for the editing teacher role for a particular course. But the teacher User still see the options for this course.

Is this a Moodle Bug ?
Can anybody help me ?

Thanks.
Benjamin

In reply to Alexander Ufimtsev

by Benjamin Lemoine -

Up please I still have this problem !!

Thanks

In reply to Benjamin Lemoine

by Chris S -

I too have noticed this same problem...

In reply to Chris S

by Alexander K. -

The capability /enrol/manual:config refers only to the editing page.

The side only checks for the capability moodle/course:enrolconfig

We have also a growing number of teachers getting locked out by mistake. So it would be nice if it is possible to force an enrolment method for all courses, which can't be deleted or configured by permission.

It is also possible to expand the scope of /enrol/manual:config to the general commands of the specific method, like deleting or making the method invisible/visible.

I created an feature request: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-39055

Feel free to comment and concretize.