Cohorts and Gradebook

Cohorts and Gradebook

by Allan Kealey -
Number of replies: 3

Hi

If I add a cohort to a course the id of the group does not appear in the gradebook for that course.  Groups do as I have several of these already but I am thinking of moving to cohorts.  I have followed the instructions about creating and assigning cohorts, I have even asked a pupil to submit a file to see if this would prompt some action but the filter at the top of gradebook will not identify the cohorts.  The pupils do appear in the gradebook but I cannot filter to them.  Have I missed something?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Allan Kealey

Re: Cohorts and Gradebook

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Cohorts aren't groups; therefore if you were using a cohort in your course you would have to put them in a group. See http://docs.moodle.org/22/en/Groups_FAQ#What_is_the_difference_between_a_cohort_and_a_group.3F

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Allan Kealey -

Thanks for that, my hero!!!!  I looked all over for how to do this and obviously missed this.  Does this mean if I move someone out of or into a cohort they will be added or removed from all the courses that they are enrolled in?

In reply to Allan Kealey

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think so, yes. if they were enrolled into the course as part of a cohort