Due date for hotpot exercises doesn´t show up in calendar in moodle 2.1.4+

Due date for hotpot exercises doesn´t show up in calendar in moodle 2.1.4+

by Luis Vázquez de Lara -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am an ethusiast of hotpot activities, and I have some of them in my courses. Currently, I'm using Moodle 2.1.4+. Students brought to my attention that in the calendar the closing time for hotpot activities don´t show up in the calendar, so they have an excuse. Is there something I can do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Luis

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luis Vázquez de Lara

Re: Due date for hotpot exercises doesn´t show up in calendar in moodle 2.1.4+

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Luis,
do I undersatnd correctly that the opening time was in the calendar, but the closing time was not?

Maybe the "hotpot_maxeventlength" configuration setting is relevant here (Settings -> Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> HotPot -> Maximum number of days for a single calendar event)

The default setting is 5 days. If the period between the open and close times are less than that, only one calendar event will be added. I think this is what happened in your case.

Probably your fix is to reset the "hotpot_maxeventlength" setting to "1". Any HotPot activities that you create or edit after you have changed the setting and whose close date is more than one day after the open date, should create two calendar events.

hope that helps!
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Luis,
I looked into this a little further and found that in the HotPot module for Moodle 2.x neither the open times nor the close times were being added to the calendar surprise

I have fixed the module so that when you upgrade the module, it will correctly add the calendar events for HotPot activites that you have already created. Also, when you edit the open and close times for a HotPot activity, the module will adjust the calendar dates accordingly. Furthermore, when you change the site-wide "hotpot_maxeventlength" setting that I mentioned in my previous message, the HotPot module will check ALL the calendar events for ALL the HotPot activities on your Moodle site and adjust any that need to changed from a single event to two separate events and vice-versa.

You can download the latest version of the HotPot module from here:

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention.

best regards
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Luis Vázquez de Lara -

Thank you som much for your prompt response (and fix) Gordon. I upgraded my hotpot module and now everything is showing in the calendar.

Best regards

Luis