Failed to write file to disk Error

Failed to write file to disk Error

by D e v -
Number of replies: 5

I am trying to add a resource "compose a web page" in that while uploading  a audio file through "insert link" i get this error saying

"Failed to write file to disk"

previously using this same method i had already uploaded 3- 4 audio files.

But now its showing the same error for all audio files which i am trying to upload.

Pl. require urgent help. 

(I am using moodle 1.9 version)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to D e v

Re: Failed to write file to disk Error

by Ivana Bosnic -
Picture of Testers

Hi,

have you checked the free space amount on the disk where your files should be saved?

Ivana

In reply to Ivana Bosnic

by D e v -

I don't know where the files get saved. Can you help me.

In reply to D e v

by Ivana Bosnic -
Picture of Testers

It's hard to say anything without more info. I suppose your Moodle is not installed and hosted on your own computer?

Would it be possible to ask your Moodle administrator, he could check that for you - he needs to login to the server where Moodle is. If you are "just" a regular user, without access to the server where Moodle is, you will not be able to check it yourself anyway.

In reply to D e v

by Timothy Lowe -

I know this dredges up an old post but I had this error and thought I should post the solution I figured out.  In my case the issue was that PHP was having problems writing a file to the temp directory and "Failed to write file to disk Error" was the result.  This happend only for files larger than 1MB, even though all max upload file sizes were set to 100MB.  My solution was to edit the php.ini file and make sure to set the upload_tmp_dir setting, make sure that folder existed and that write permissions were enabled.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)