List of bugs + a new feature

List of bugs + a new feature

by Tony Box -
Number of replies: 3

We use the scheduler module pretty extensively at our university so I'd first like to thank Henning for taking the time to make this module compatible with moodle 2.0 just in time for our moodle upgrade last Fall!

We've noticed a few issues. Here is a list of ones that I've got directly in front of me:

1. The Scheduler description which you set within each scheduler's settings does not show up for students when they are signing up for an appointment. Therefore, it's not possible to create specific instructions for students within each scheduler.

2. a.) If there are two or more separate schedulers within a single course and b.) A student has reserved a spot in more than one of these...

Whenever said student cancels or changes their appointment in one of those schedulers, it removes the student from their reserved spots in ALL schedulers within this course. Not good!

3. When editing an appointment slot, all of the slot's settings become reset instead of retaining their previous state.

I know there were a few more issues but I think this covers the most serious ones. Should I create tickets for these in the Moodle contrib tracker?

As for the new feature part of my subject; I created a new function that retreives the appointment location of each scheduler slot. For whatever reason unknown to me, students cannot see where the appointment they are signing up for is located. In fact, the only place a student would find out the location of their appointment is if/when they receive an appointment reminder email before the appointment date (assuming it's even set to set a reminder email).

So, now in the student's view of the sign-ups, they see this:

I haven't worked on getting this into the teacher view because it wasn't as much of a priority... if anyone would like to know how to modify their scheduler, let me know and I can post the code.

-Tony

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tony Box

Re: List of bugs + a new feature

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Tony,

sorry for the late reply; yes, it would be helpful if you can add the issues to Moodle Tracker. I won't get to them immediately but hope to find some time soon.

Henning