TinyMCE editor shows up in "General" but not for "Content"

TinyMCE editor shows up in "General" but not for "Content"

by Arian Solberg -
Number of replies: 4

Since I upgraded from Moodle 2.0 to 2.1 I've lost the tiny MCE editor in the "Content" portion of a page. The weird thing is it still continues to function for the "General" part. See attached screenshot. I've checked the usual places (admin, plugins, html editors, Tiny MCE on top, use html editor in profile, etc.) Any ideas?

Attachment missingMCE.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arian Solberg

Re: TinyMCE editor shows up in "General" but not for "Content"

by Arian Solberg -

Ok this is really strange. I've been troubleshooting this all day and I've got it narrowed down to a simple fix. If I change the domain name of my site this works (I need to change it in the config.php file AND in the hostname that apache responds to, and my dns of course) but then the same moodle core files and the same data directory and the same database suddenly tinyMCE loads on both screens. Why would that be?

by Monico Briseño -
Picture of Testers

Hi there. This happened to me, too. After to check all page resource information available on Moodle site. I decided to use Google Chrome Web browser 16 and the HTML editor appeared correctly in both sections. Is there a problem with Firefox 10 or is there a problem with Moodle?

Any ideas

Monico

by Graham Paull -

Hi Arian,

I came across this problem too, here is what I done to fix, not sure if this will work for you.

Go to Site Administration > Plugins > Activity Modules > Page then uncheck "Require activity description"

I hope this helps.

Graham

In reply to Graham Paull

by Travis Wilhelm -

We were having exactly the same problem where the TinyMCE editor was appearing in the description, but not in the page content. We're using Moodle 2.2.3 and it occured for pages that had been upgraded from Moodle 2.0 as well as new pages. It seemed to be only happening in some browsers (IE for us, and only some version/s - not sure which one/s).

The fix of changing the activity description to not be required (as suggested by Graham) works!  I don't understand why this is, and too bad if you want it to be required, but for us this fix is fine.

Thanks Graham for suggesting this!