Prevent deleting in editing role

Prevent deleting in editing role

by Claire Browne -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

Is it possible in Moodle 2.2 to remove the delete rights in an editing teacher role in Moodle?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claire Browne

Re: Prevent deleting in editing role

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Claire,

If you go to Settings > Site administration > Users > Permissions > Define roles and select the teacher role then filter for the word 'delete' you'll find all the things you can remove the delete rights for.

You'll notice however that there is no capability for deleting activities or resources, as the capabilities to add / update and delete are all together as 'manage'.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Claire Browne -

Thanks Helen.

It is shame about the 'Manage' facility is mingled but I will definitely try out the settings you have provided instructions for.

Thanks once again.

In reply to Claire Browne

by Claire Browne -

Is there anywhere in the code which I can edit how the manage buttons are displayed?

I am nervous a editing teacher is going to delete something by accident, so I would like to move the black cross to the end of the sequence, rather than next to the editing button (hand with pencil)