We finished our modifications to Moodle for the project. We found that disk space wasn't an issue so didn't strip out as much code as we had planned on. We did simplify many of the screens and made another number of screens inaccessible. We also streamlined the install process by defaulting a number of settings. There are a number of questions added we added to the sign up process for users to enter education an demographic information (voluntarily - not required). We've also added functionality so that usage data may be periodically sent or manually to a home server. We would love to share what we have done and are planning on putting our modifications somewhere - possible SourceForge.
The client will continue working on the project over the summer, creating content (in the form of Scorm courses) for the first implementation which is scheduled for the new year when he will actually transport machines running the software to their intended destination. I'm afraid the location of the pilot run escapes me - I believe it is somewhere in Africa. My explanation of his research will be horrifically inadequate, but I'll make a stab - he intends to study the learning differences across cultures
General developer forum
A Light-Weight Moodle
This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.