Impossible to remove attachment when editing forum post or glossary entry

Impossible to remove attachment when editing forum post or glossary entry

by romano gino -
Number of replies: 6

Hi

I am traying to delete an entry in the glossary, but the option to delete is not in the page. I have version 2.2.1 and sometimes I have deleted some attachements in glossary, but in this situation, the attachment name is too long and the option to delete is out of the page. Please see attachment for this problem.

Thanks in advanced.

r.

Attachment Glosario de análisis y síntesis de la información.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to romano gino

Re: Impossible to remove attachment when editing forum post or glossary entry

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@romano,

It is not clear from your post if you are trying to delete a glossary entry or an attachment to a glossary entry.

I do not understand how you could have added an attachment with such an incredibly long name; it does not make sense. How did you do it? What kind of attachement is it? a picture? Where did it come from?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by romano gino -

Hi joseph

I am trying to delete the glossary entry or the attachment for the glossary entry. Any of them will be the solution.

I do not understand either, it was a student (not very smart), and yes, it does not make any sense, but have common sense it not a requirement for being student. 

The attachement is a picture, and I do not know where it come from. Most probably was downloaded from the net.

Best regards.

r.

In reply to romano gino

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

have you tried making the print on your computer screen smaller and smaller and smaller (I can do this on mine by clicking CTRL and minus -) and then seeing if you get the edit icon back?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by romano gino -

Dear Mary

Thank you for the information, it was very useful! I had two entries, so I tried one entry with your advice and it worked.

Best regards.

r.

In reply to romano gino

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

romano "... have common sense it not a requirement for being student. "

Well, it should be. tongueout

Here's a solution:

Go to your Glossary settings, and change Display format to Encyclopedia.

Then the attachment picture will be displayed as picture, and you will be able to delete that glossary entry.

Joseph

Attachment 28-01-2012 16-54-31.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by romano gino -

Hi Josep

Thank you very much for your time and knowledge!

It was very easy to delete the attachement.

Best regards.

r.