A record already exists for that host and Moodle deployment with ID 3.

от Stew Walker -
Number of replies: 2

Lots of nothing doing a search for

and

host record already exists

I'm having issues with

Moodle 1.9.16 MNet.. Student on moodleA selects moodleB from the list of hosts in the Moodle Network Services block. They get you do not have permission to begin a remote session. I've been thru the roles on both. Both are on the same domain/box.. I've been thru everything (I think twice) and am asking for some help if any one is out there. Stack trace:
line 5889 of lib/weblib.php: call to debugging()
line 263 of auth/mnet/auth.php: call to print_error()
line 32 of auth/mnet/land.php: call to auth_plugin_mnet->confirm_mnet_session()

Maybe I need to start over with a fresh install as in http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-3017 I am unable to add a host that was previously deleted. 

A record already exists for that host and Moodle deployment with ID 3. Click on Continue to edit that record.

Stack Trace output
line 5889 of lib/weblib.php: call to debugging()
line 130 of admin/mnet/peers.php: call to print_error()

I've looked most places and haven't really come up with any thing useful..

Thanks in advance.

In reply to Stew Walker

Re: A record already exists for that host and Moodle deployment with ID 3.

от David Mudrák -
Снимка на Core developers Снимка на Documentation writers Снимка на Moodle HQ Снимка на Particularly helpful Moodlers Снимка на Peer reviewers Снимка на Plugin developers Снимка на Plugins guardians Снимка на Testers Снимка на Translators

I just tested and there seems to be a bug in Moodle 1.9 MNet administration interface. When the message "A record already exists for that host and Moodle deployment with ID 3." appears, the Continue button should you take to a form to edit that record. It does not happen though. You have to visit the form by visiting the URL http://your.wwwroot/admin/mnet/peers.php?step=update&hostid=3

The form to edit the deleted MNet peer host should appear. You can set "Deleted" field to "No" to undelete the record.

In reply to David Mudrák

Re: A record already exists for that host and Moodle deployment with ID 3.

от Stew Walker -

David,

Thanks much.. This problem has really been a pain. I finally resorted to trying to work with it in the database but the mnet_host2service and mnet_host records would magically re-create them selves after I deleted them.. I don't know maybe i was doing something incorrectly with the DELETE command. Just started over.

Thanks a lot. Really appreciate your help.