New! Moodle 2.2 is now an OpenID provider

New! Moodle 2.2 is now an OpenID provider

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I made a short video tutorial about the OpenID Provider plugin:

Which is now available to Moodle 2 users

Downloadhttp://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-12903 

Helen,

I am not sure that here is the right place to post it, so feel free to move this post to another Forum where it will be more usful to users that look into ways to integrate Web2 tools that support OpenID authentication into their Moodle systems.

Please spread it around smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

Re: New! Moodle 2.2 is now an OpenID provider

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Nadav,

Is there a direct download link for this plugin available? I opened the tracker, but I was unable to find the zip file. Or is it too early to install this plugin in Moodle 2.2?

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Hartmut,

I got it from Hubert's personal git repository

Dwonloaded it and followed the short README file

smile

In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Nadav,

Thank you for your fast response. I could successfully install the plugin on my test site. This week I will try to figure out how to use it with Mindmeister and Stikis. Thanks a lot for your help and for testing the plugin as I could see in the tracker.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by SpookieUkie Shmi -

I have been trying to follow the readme file but I cannot get this to work. I am assuming in the end I can log into my moodle using my Google account.

I am on moodle 2.3.3.  I can login using the login page given in step 4.   On step 3, if I replace the navigationlin.php.diff file, moodle breaks.  I am unsure of where the list of trusted sites is located. Finally on step 6:, how do you set

local/openid_idp:logintoremote capability at the system level (by default, this capability is given to the authenticated user role)

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

On another note, once I able to get this plugin working, how does it tie in with courses that require enrollment.

In reply to SpookieUkie Shmi

by Alessandro Forghieri -

I am under the impression that this plugin does in fact do the reverse of what you expect (i.e. it allows you to log in other sites using your moodle login). Or does it also act as an OpenID consumer?