Updating a course on the Hub (MOOCH)

Updating a course on the Hub (MOOCH)

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I have previously uploaded (published) a course into hub.moodle.org

Since then, the course was updated, locally. how do i update the "Published" course?

(Should i "Publish" it again? will it make a new version or overwrite the current one?)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

Re: Updating a course on the Hub (MOOCH)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good question Nadav. smile  If you publish your updated course it will create a new course on MOOCH. I've just created CONTRIB-3365 as I think it would be better if when you publish an updated course, the old course is overwritten.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Nadav Kavalerchik -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Helen smile 

It seems more practicle for me that it is overwriten (updated) then making a new version of it.

Or at least, I should have a choose.

In reply to Nadav Kavalerchik

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You're right Nadav, having a choice would be best of all. I've just reworded CONTRIB-3365 to reflect this.